Free Digital Marketing Resources to Help You Step Up Your Game
Are you looking for ways to step up your digital marketing game? Whether you are a beginner or an experienced marketer, there are always new techniques to learn and improve upon. In this blog post, we will share some free resources that can help you do just that! We have gathered tips, tools, and tactics from some of the top marketing minds in the industry. So whether you are looking to learn more about email marketing, social media marketing tools, or SEO, we have something for you.
One of the most effective ways to reach your target audience is through email marketing. According to a study by Salesforce, email is almost 40 times more effective at acquiring customers than social media. So if you want to reach more people and drive more sales, email digital marketing is a great way to do it.
To learn more about email marketing, check out these free resources:
As the world becomes increasingly digitized, businesses are finding that they need to adapt their marketing strategies to keep up with the times. Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach customers and promote your products or services. However, crafting effective email marketing campaigns can be a challenge.
The Email Marketing Academy from Constant Contact offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses on email marketing, so you can learn the skills you need to create successful campaigns. You can also watch video tutorials and read blog posts on a variety of topics, such as creating effective subject lines and driving website traffic with email marketing tools. With the Email Marketing Academy, you’ll have everything you need to get started with email marketing and take your campaigns to the next level.
Copyblogger is one of the most respected voices in the world of online marketing, and their Email Marketing Masterclass is an essential guide for anyone looking to improve their email campaigns.
The class provides a comprehensive overview of all aspects of email digital marketing, from building lists and designing emails to measuring success and troubleshooting problems. It also includes case studies and real-world examples that illustrate best practices in action. Whether you’re just getting started with email marketing or you’re looking to take your campaigns to the next level, the Email Marketing Masterclass from Copyblogger is an excellent resource.
AWeber’s “The Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing” is a thorough guide that covers a wide range of topics essential for success in email marketing. The ebook begins with a section on building an email list, providing tips on how to grow your list organically and how to use lead generation forms to capture new subscribers.
It then moves on to discussing the various types of email content that can be used to engage and convert leads, such as automated emails, nurturing sequences, and promotional messages. The guide also includes helpful advice on avoiding common mistakes, such as neglecting list hygiene or failing to segment your list properly. With its clear and concise explanations, this guide is an indispensable resource for anyone looking to master this crucial aspect of digital marketing.
10 Email Marketing Tips for Beginners
Here are ten email digital marketing tips for beginners to get you started on your journey:
- Keep your emails short and to the point:<span data-preserver-spaces=”true”> Your subscribers are busy people who don’t want to waste time reading lengthy emails. Get straight to the point and make it easy for them to skim through your email.
- Use engaging images: People are visual creatures, and they’re more likely to engage with an email that has attractive visuals. Add images that complement your message and make your email more visually appealing.
- Use strong subject lines: Your subject line is what determines whether or not someone will open your email, so make it count! Write something interesting and attention-grabbing that will make people want to learn more about what you have to say.
- Personalize your emails: Include the recipient’s name in the subject line and/or opening sentence to show that you’re emailing them personally, rather than just sending out a mass email blast.
- Segment your list: Not all of your subscribers are interested in the same thing, so why send them all the same email? Segment your list so that you can send targeted messages to different groups of people based on their interests. You’ll get better results this way, and subscribers will appreciate getting relevant content.
- Timing is everything: Think about when your subscribers are most likely to be checking their email – would they appreciate an early morning message, or do they prefer to wait until later in the day? Test out different times of day and different days of the week to see when you get the best open rates.
- Keep your tone casual and friendly: No one wants to read a formal, stuffy email – it’s much more engaging to write in a casual, conversational tone as if you’re speaking to a friend. This will help build a connection with your readers and make them more likely to stick around until the end of your email.
- Use triggered emails wisely: Triggered emails – or emails sent based on subscriber behavior – can be extremely effective when used correctly, but they can also come across as intrusive if overused. Use triggers sparingly and ensure that each email adds value for the reader before hitting send.
- Encourage engagement: Include calls to action throughout your email, so subscribers know what you want them to do next, whether clicking through to your website or replying to your message. Make it easy for them to take action by including links and prominently displayed buttons.
- Test, test, test: Always test out your emails before sending them out to your entire list. Send yourself a test message first, then ask a few friends or colleagues to do the same. This will help you catch any errors or typos before everyone on your list sees them. Once you’ve ironed out any issues, hit send with confidence, knowing that your email looks great and is ready to engage its recipients.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is another powerful tool for reaching your target audience. In fact, social media has now surpassed email as the most commonly used online communication tool.2 So if you’re not using social media for your business, you’re missing out!
To learn more about social media marketing, check out these free resources:
For businesses large and small, social media digital marketing is becoming an increasingly essential part of the marketing tools mix. The Social Media Marketing Course from HubSpot Academy offers a complete education on all things social media, from the basics of creating a profile to advanced strategies for driving traffic and conversions. The bootcamp is broken down into three levels – beginner, intermediate, and advanced – so you can start at the level that’s right for you and work your way up.
In addition to video tutorials and blog posts, the bootcamp also includes quizzes and certification exams so you can test your knowledge as you go. Whether you’re just getting started with social media digital marketing or you’re looking to take your skills to the next level, the Social Media Marketing Bootcamp from HubSpot Academy is a great resource.
Hootsuite’s guide is an excellent resource for anyone looking to get started with Facebook advertising. The guide covers everything from setting up your first campaign to targeting specific demographics to measuring results. It also includes case studies and real-world examples.
One of the most useful features of the guide is the section on ad formats, which provides a step-by-step overview of each type of ad and how to create it. Whether you’re new to Facebook advertising or you’re looking to brush up on your skills, this guide has everything you need.
Twitter Ads are a powerful way to reach your target audience and promote your brand or product. By targeting users based on their interests and demographics, you can ensure that your ads are seen by people who are most likely to be interested in what you have to offer. The Beginner’s Guide to Twitter Advertising from Twitter covers all the basics of creating an effective campaign, from choosing your target audience to measuring results. This guide also includes tips for making the most of Twitter Ads, such as using relevant images and copy, and using the right call to action. With this guide, you’ll be well on your way to successful Twitter advertising.
10 Social Media Marketing Tips for Beginners
Here are ten social media marketing tips to get you started:
- Use images and videos: People are likelier to engage with posts with images or videos. Posts with videos are six times more likely to generate engagement than those without.
- Take advantage of hashtags: Hashtags can help you reach a wider audience on social media. Research popular hashtags in your industry and include them in your posts.
- Use calls to action: Calls to action encourage your followers to take a specific action, such as liking, sharing, or commenting on your post. Including a call to action can help increase engagement.
- Run contests and giveaways: Contests and giveaways are a great way to increase engagement and grow your following on social media. Offer a prize that is relevant to your brand or target audience.
- Host a Q&A: A Q&A is a great way to connect with your followers and answer their questions about your brand or product. You can use Facebook Live or another live-streaming platform to host your Q&A.
- Collaborate with influencers: Collaborating with influencers can help you reach a wider audience on social media. Find relevant influencers to your brand or target audience and collaborate with them on a post or campaign.
- Create informative content: Informative content helps educate your followers about your brand or product. Use blog posts, infographics, and video tutorials to create informative content that is helpful and engaging.
- Go live: Going live on social media lets you connect with your followers in real-time. You can use live-streaming platforms like Facebook Live or Instagram Live to go live from events, conferences, or even your office!
- Share user-generated content: User-generated content is a great way to show off your happy customers and increase brand awareness. Ask your customers to share photos of themselves using your product and then share the best ones on your social media channels.
- Use analytics: Analytics tools like Google Analytics can help track your social media performance and see which strategies work best for you. Use analytics to adjust your strategies and maximize your results from social media digital marketing!
Video marketing is another great way to reach your target audience. In fact, according to a study by Cisco, online video will make up 82% of all internet traffic by 2021. So if you want to stay ahead of the curve, you need to start using video marketing now!
To learn more about video marketing, check out these free resources:
The Content Marketer’s Guide to Great SEO covers everything you need to know about this increasingly popular form of content digital marketing. The guide begins with a look at the different types of videos that can be used to tell a story and engage an audience. It then discusses how to use data to drive results, including tips for tracking views, clicks, and other metrics. The guide also includes advice for distribution and promotion, helping you to ensure that your videos are seen by as many people as possible. Whether you’re just getting started with video marketing tools or you’re looking for ways to take your campaigns to the next level, this guide provides everything you need to know.
As the second largest search engine in the world, YouTube provides a huge opportunity for businesses to reach a wide audience. However, with over 300 hours of video being uploaded to the site every minute, standing out from the crowd can be a challenge. That’s where YouTube marketing comes in. By creating engaging videos that are optimized for SEO and using YouTube Ads, businesses can reach a large audience and measure their results. This guide covers the basics of marketing on YouTube, from creating videos that are optimized for SEO to using YouTube Ads. It also includes tips for measuring your results. With this information, you’ll be able to create a successful YouTube marketing campaign that helps you reach your business goals.
Still trying to get started in video marketing? If so, you’ll need a solid plan and some helpful advice to get started. The Video Marketing Handbook from Wistia is a great resource for any business owner who wants to start using video to reach their target audience. This comprehensive guide covers everything from planning and shooting your video to editing and distribution. You’ll also find valuable tips for making sure your video gets seen by the people you want to reach. So if you’re ready to take your video marketing to the next level, be sure to check out the Video Marketing Handbook from Wistia.
10 Video Marketing Tips for Beginners
Here are ten video marketing tips to get you going:
- Keep it short and sweet: People’s attention spans are shorter than ever, so it’s important to keep your videos concise: A good rule of thumb is to keep your videos under 2 minutes.
- Start with a bang: Grab your viewers’ attention from the start with an arresting opening scene.
- Tell a story: The most successful videos are those that tell a story and evoke emotion. So think about how you can tell a compelling story with your video.
- Use visuals: Even if you’re not a professional videographer, you can still create great-looking videos by using simple visuals like graphics, images, and footage.
- Use sound wisely: Sound is just as important as visuals in video marketing. Make sure your audio is high quality and clear, and use music judiciously to add an extra layer of emotion to your video.
- Be authentic: Viewers can spot a fake from a mile away, so your videos must be genuine. Show your true personality and let your authenticity shine through.
- Take advantage of SEO: Just like with written content, you need to optimize your videos for search engines if you want them to be seen by your target audience. Include keywords in your title and description, as well as tags, to help improve your ranking in search results.
- Promote, promote, promote: Don’t just post your video on YouTube and hope for the best – promote it across all of your social channels and on your website for maximum exposure.
- Analyze & adjust: After you’ve published a few videos, take some time to analyze the data and see what’s working and what’s not working based on views, engagement, etc. Then make adjustments accordingly for future videos.
- Get creative: There are endless possibilities for video marketing, so don’t be afraid to think outside the box and come up with creative ideas that will capture attention and drive results.
Podcasts are another great way to reach your target audience. In fact, according to Edison Research, nearly one-third of all Americans (32%) listen to podcasts at least once a month. So if you’re not using podcast marketing tools yet, now is the time to start!
To learn more about making an effective podcast marketing strategy, check out these free resources:
Podcasts are a great way to connect with people who share your interests. But creating a popular podcast takes more than just sitting down and talking into a microphone. You need to put some thought into your format, topic, and audience. And once you’ve got people listening, you need to promote your show so that it continues to grow.
That’s where the Podcast Marketing Guide from Buzzsprout comes in. This comprehensive guide covers everything from creating a podcast that people will want to listen to promoting your show and measuring your results. Whether you’re just getting started in the world of podcasting or you’re looking to take your show to the next level, this guide has the information you need. So what are you waiting for? Start reading and learn how to make your podcast a success.
Podbean’s ultimate guide to starting a podcast covers all the basics you need to get started, from planning and recording your show to launching and promoting it. It also includes tips for growing your audience and measuring your success. The guide starts with an overview of the podcasting process, including an overview of the equipment you’ll need and the steps you’ll need to take to record your show.
Next, it covers how to launch your podcast, including tips for selecting a hosting platform and promoting your show. Finally, the guide provides advice for growing your audience and measuring your success. Whether you’re just getting started in podcasting or you’re looking to take your show to the next level, Podbean’s ultimate guide to starting a podcast is a valuable resource.
Podcast advertising can be a great way to reach a targeted audience with your message. But how do you know which podcasts to advertise on? And how can you create an effective campaign? Midroll, a leading podcast advertising platform, has put together a helpful guide for beginners. The guide covers everything from finding the right show to place your ad on to creating an effective campaign. It also includes tips for measuring your results. With this handy guide, you’ll be ready to launch your own successful podcast advertising campaign in no time.
10 Podcast Marketing Tips for Beginners
Here are some podcasting tips for beginners:
- Plan Ahead: As with any content marketing strategy, it’s important to plan when creating a podcast. Decide on your show’s format, topics, and length, and give each episode a clear purpose. By taking the time to plan out your podcast, you’ll be able to produce a higher-quality show that is more likely to engage and convert your audience.
- Find Your Niche: One of the best ways to stand out in the crowded world of podcasts is to focus on a specific niche. When you narrow your focus, you’ll be able to appeal to a smaller but more engaged audience. And as you build up a loyal following, you’ll find it easier to attract new listeners.
- Invest in High-Quality Equipment: A professional-sounding podcast will make a big impression on your listeners. Invest in high-quality microphones and recording software so that your show sounds polished and professional.
- Make It Easy to Subscribe: Make sure your podcast is easy to subscribe to so interested listeners can easily keep up with new episodes. Include subscribe buttons on your website and social media profiles, and ensure that your RSS feed is set up correctly.
- Promote Your Show: To attract listeners, you must promote your podcast. Utilize social media, email marketing, and paid advertising to get the word out about your show.
- Engage With Your Audience: fostering a sense of community is essential to successful podcasting. Respond to listener comments and questions, and encourage feedback by offering prizes or giveaways.
- Be Consistent: One of the biggest challenges facing podcasters is maintaining a consistent publishing schedule. Try to release new episodes regularly so your audience knows when they can expect new content from you.
- Keep It Short: One of the best things about podcasts is that they’re easy to consume while people are busy with other activities like commuting or working out. Keep your episodes short and sweet so that people are likelier to listen.
- Create Transcripts: Not everyone prefers to listen to podcasts, so it’s important to provide transcripts of your episodes. This way, you can ensure everyone has access to your content regardless of their preferred medium.
- Follow Up With Guests: Follow up with any guests who appeared on your show after each episode. Thank them for their time and let them know when the episode will be live so they can promote it to their audiences.
Content marketing is another great way to reach your target audience. In fact, according to the Content Marketing Institute, nearly two-thirds of all marketers (64%) say that content marketing is their most effective lead generation tactic. So if you’re not using content marketing yet, now is the time to start!
To learn more about content marketing, check out these free resources:
Content marketing can be a great way to attract attention to your business or product. However, it can be difficult to know where to start. The Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing from Contently can help you get started.
This guide covers the basics of content marketing, from creating a strategy to executing and measuring your results. It also includes tips for different types of content, from blog posts to ebooks. With this guide, you can learn how to create content that will engage your audience and help you achieve your business goals.
If you’re serious about marketing your business, then you need to be serious about content marketing. HubSpot’s Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing covers everything you need to know in order to create an effective strategy and see real results.
The guide covers topics such as developing buyer personas, keyword research, SEO, creating compelling content, and distribution and promotion. It also includes tips for different types of content, such as blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more. Whether you’re just getting started with content marketing or you’re looking to take your strategy to the next level, this guide is a must-read.
The Content Marketing Handbook from Copyblogger is an essential guide for anyone who wants to create content that drives results. The book covers a wide range of topics, from planning your content to executing and measuring your results. It also includes tips for different types of content, from articles to webinars. With actionable advice and insights from some of the top content marketers in the business, The Content Marketing Handbook is a must-read for anyone who wants to make their mark online.
10 Content Marketing Tips for Beginners
Here are some content marketing tips and tricks for those just starting out:
- Planning is key: Without a content strategy, it’s easy to get lost in the content marketing shuffle and produce a string of disconnected, disjointed pieces that don’t achieve your business goals. So start by creating a content calendar that aligns with your business objectives.
- Keep it fresh: Once you have a plan, keep your content fresh by regularly publishing new and original pieces. This will keep your audience engaged and coming back for more.
- Make it shareable: Creating shareable content is essential for driving traffic and engagement. So be sure to include social sharing buttons on your blog posts and other public-facing content.
- Optimize for search: For your content to be found online, it needs to be optimized for search engines. This means using relevant keywords throughout your content and structuring your pieces in a way that makes them easy to find and read.
- Promote, promote, promote: Just because you’ve published something doesn’t mean people will automatically see it. You must actively promote your content through social media, email marketing, and other channels.
- Analyze and adjust: After you’ve published a piece of content, take some time to analyze its performance. Are people reading it? Sharing it? Engaging with it? You can change future pieces based on the data to improve their overall effectiveness.
- Repurpose old content: Don’t let your old content go to waste! If you have a blog post or article that performed well in the past, consider repurposing it into a new format (like an infographic or video) or using it as the basis for a new piece of content.
- Collaborate with others: Guest blogging, co-authoring articles, or participating in interviews are great ways to collaborate with others in your industry and reach a new audience. Not only will this help you create better content, but it can also build valuable relationships.
- Think outside the blog post: There’s more to content marketing than just writing blog posts! Get creative with other types of content like infographics, ebooks, webinars, and more. And don’t forget about evergreen formats like case studies, how-to guides, and FAQ pages, which can provide ongoing value long after they’re first published.
- Focus on quality over quantity: It’s better to publish fewer pieces of high-quality content than tons of low-quality fluff. Not only will this improve your chances of success, but it will also save you time and energy in the long run.
Our Final Thoughts on Stepping Up Your Marketing Game
By following the tips and tricks above, you can start to create content that is not only high quality but also aligned with your business goals. But remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. So don’t expect to see results overnight. Just keep at it and always be willing to adjust your strategy as needed.